My remix for P-Ben is out now on Kevin Saunderson’s KMS Records. Get it here.
A first impression on my remix for P-Ben, coming Monday 18th May on KMS Records, is now online on my SoundCloud page. Click here for a preview.
A fresh mix for Modular Expansion Podcast Series is online and ready for download & streaming. Get it here.
Episode 16 of The Grasshopper Warbler with Ian O’Donovan is online now! Check it out here.
A fresh remix for P-Ben is coming in a few weeks (18th May) on KMS Records!
Fresh Beatport chart online!
Check it out here.
Fresh Resident Advisor chart!
Check it out here.
Many times, biographies of techno acts start by singing their praise of an extremely early, extraordinary talent on synthesizers and other electronic devices…
In Heron’s case, things are different. Because Martin Spittel has been shaped musically since his childhood, the influences were as diverse as music can be.
On one side, there was his grandfather, who played various instruments, and to whom young Martin related closest to and whose influence still lasts until today. On the other side there were his cousins who were not much older than himself, enthusiastic about AC/DC, and band members themselves. Over the course of the following years, he explored the diversity of Black, Death and Trash Metal, EBM and Industrial, right up to Detroit Techno.
Ever since then, Heron’s environment served as compensation to ferce parties and expanding his musical horizon. This symbiosis from the love of nature and the musical influences from his early childhood are a direct refection of Heron’s entire life.
Following the scream of the waders (limicoline birds), he moved to picturesque island Norderney in 2005. There, exploring the island’s national park, he decided to live up to his enthusiasm about nature by going to study landscape ecology at the University of Münster. It turned out: The relocation to Münster was the initial spark for his career; the months in Norderney were inspiration for the name of his label “Limikola” which was founded in late 2008 and enjoyed enormous support by both DJs and fans.
After launching his now very successful °Schaltkreis-parties with four friends in mid-2007, everything went quickly: His first own radio show “The Grasshopper Warbler”, contacts to prominent players like Someone Else and Heartthrob, and finally the moment in early 2008 during the season’s opening at Time Warp, when Richie Hawtin played all three tracks from Heron’s Retro EP. It was merely his second EP, released on a netlabel (Minisome), and it became immediately successful. A knightly accolade.
The journey that Heron started lead to his bombshell track “Welcome to the Adventure Club” that charted in the Beatport charts in 2008, and continued with remixes and releases for Synewave, Supdub, Swap, micro.fon, Prosthetic Pressings and Sleaze Records. In 2010, it culminated with a tour across North America during the summer.
Two years later he released his very first EP on the legendary Detroit label KMS Records, owned by Kevin Saunderson, followed by remixes for Drumcomplex, Chris Gekä, but also two other Eps, one collaboration project with Inner City’s Ann Saunderson and his second solo release „Ride The Pride“. Furthermore he made the step into the Soma family by publishing two solo EPs and a collab EP with Kevin’s son Dantiez Saunderson, as well as he started to release on Florian Meindl’s FLASH Recordings.
- 29 05 2013
- Erhaltet den Hawerkamp – Fusion Club, Münster
- 01 06 2013
- Proton – Club Charlotte, Münster
- 08 06 2013
- Nieberding Open Air, Münster
- 22 06 2013
- Kuckuck, Osnabrück
- 28 06 2013
- Tribal Waves Pre Awakenings Festival meet-up – Kashmir Lounge, Amsterdam
- 23 07 2013
- Catatonic Sessions – fnoob.com, fnoob.com
- 26 07 2013
- The New Scene – Conny Kramer, Münster
- 24 08 2013
- Artefakt – Suite023, Dortmund
- 30 08 2013
- Lokalrunde #4 – AMP, Münster
- 14 09 2013
- Bukowski, Heilbronn
- 02 10 2013
- 9 Years Monopark – Conny Kramer / Fusion Club, Münster
- 12 10 2013
- Wolkenkuckucksheim – AMP, Münster
- 09 11 2013
- Berliner Straße (Ex-Monza), Frankfurt
- 15 11 2013
- Segment – AMP , Muenster
- 28 12 2013
- Lebe Lieber Dezibel – Fusion Club, Muenster
- 11 01 2014
- Magnet – Unsichtbar, Saarbrücken
- 31 01 2014
- Autopilot 1/5 – Club Charlotte, Münster
- 22 03 2014
- 6 Jahre Kopfmusik – Fusion Club, Münster
- 04 04 2014
- Autopilot 2/5 – Club Charlotte, Münster
- 26 04 2014
- Underground Club, Hannover
- 06 06 2014
- Damage Music Berlin Label Night – Suicide Circus, Berlin
- 18 06 2014
- Hawerkamp Festival – Fusion Club, Münster
- 12 09 2014
- Lebe Lieber Dezibel – Fusion Club, Muenster
- 20 12 2014
- Sputnikhalle, Muenster
- 16 01 2015
- Suicide Circus, Berlin
- 24 01 2015
- Wir Kinder vom Hawerkamp – Fusion Club, Muenster
- 31 01 2015
- Skala, Bielefeld
- 27 03 2015
- Séance – Der Stur, Münster
- 03 04 2015
- Studio Saglio, Strasbourg
- 04 04 2015
- Einunddreißig – Uschi & Bärbel, Saarbrücken
- 11 04 2015
- Detroit For Lovers – Bukowski, Heilbronn
- 30 04 2015
- We Are Robots – Fusion Club, Münster
- 09 05 2015
- Tiefklang Festival – X , Herford
Angaben gem. § 5 TMG
Betreiber und Kontakt
Episode 17 in the works!
- Cuebase-FM | every Thursday – Start: 1PM (GMT +2) – Germany
- 28BLACK.fm | every Saturday – Start: 1AM (GMT +3) – Turkey
- Rádio Na Balada | every Friday – Start: 8PM (GMT -3) – Brazil
- Oversound Radio | every 5th Friday – Start: 10PM (GMT +2) – Croatia
- Globalmixxradio | every 4th Wednesday – Start: 11PM (GMT +0) – United States
- Space Radio | every Friday – Start: 2PM (GMT +3) – Kenya
- System UK Radio | every Monday – Start: 4PM (GMT +1) – United Kingdom
- VFR Europe | every Saturday – Start: 2PM (GMT +1) – United Kingdom
- Pink-City-Beats Web Radio | every Tuesday – Start: 10PM (GMT +2) – France
- Alpha Global Radio | every Sunday – Start: 3AM (GMT +2) – United Kingdom
- Syndicast Test Account | every 3rd Sunday – Start: 11AM (GMT +2) – United Kingdom
- Radio34 Montpellier | 13th of each month – Start: 4AM (GMT +2) – France
- Cue-radio | every 4th Friday – Start: 11PM (GMT +2) – France
- Kittikun Minimal Techno | every 3rd Sunday – Start: 11PM (GMT +9) – Japan
- Sin Radio | every 2nd Wednesday – Start: 1AM (GMT +3) – Greece
- Radio Studio 7 | every Wednesday – Start: 2AM (GMT +2) – Italy
- Studio Lux FM | every Saturday – Start: 8PM (GMT +2) – Luxembourg
- Radio Klub | every Saturday – Start: 11AM (GMT +1) – France
- Gravy FM Radio | every Thursday on the odd weeks – Start: 10PM (GMT -4) – United States
- RadioEttlingen.de | every Saturday – Start: 4.15PM (GMT +2) – Germany
- Inferno Radio | every first Saturday – Start: 11PM (GMT +1) – Ireland
- enationFM | every 3rd Wednesday of each month – Start: 5PM (GMT -4) – United States
Heron’s monthly radio show, “The Grasshopper Warbler”, delivers a wide range of electronic dj & live sets to the listener while not focusing on Techno only.
Founded in 2006, his show is getting a worldwide relaunch in 2014 with international guests from the whole electronic scene.
For more informations please follow The Grasshopper Warbler on Facebook.
The Grasshopper Warbler is distributed by syndicast.co.uk