A new episode of my radioshow The Grasshopper Warbler hit the radiostations today. This months issue presents you one hour from a recent b2b set with Captain Cosmotic and myself. Check the airing schedule on this page.
Episode 065 of The Grasshopper Warbler with an amazing selection from Paul Nazca hit the radio stations today. Check the airing schedule on this page.
A new podcast i did recently for the Ark Culture collective from Malta is online on Soundcloud. Get it here.
Episode 064 of The Grasshopper Warbler with a wicked guest mix from Orion just hit the stations! Check the airing schedule over here.
The full recording of my dj set at Mauerpfeiffer is online! Get it here.
The project series “Selected Works” just started through the crowdfunding & vinyl platform DIGGERS FACTORY. Pre-oder “Selected Soma Works” now and support the realization of the twelve inch! Tracks: Foolish Solina, The Wave and Reborn (Instrumental). Pre-order here.
March Resident Advisor chart is online! Check it out here.
Many times, biographies of techno acts start by singing their praise of an extremely early, extraordinary talent on synthesizers and other electronic devices…
In Heron’s case, things are different. Because Martin Spittel has been shaped musically since his childhood, the influences were as diverse as music can be.
On one side, there was his grandfather, who played various instruments, and to whom young Martin related closest to and whose influence still lasts until today. On the other side there were his cousins who were not much older than himself, enthusiastic about AC/DC, and band members themselves. Over the course of the following years, he explored the diversity of Black, Death and Trash Metal, EBM and Industrial, right up to Detroit Techno.
Ever since then, Heron’s environment served as compensation to ferce parties and expanding his musical horizon. This symbiosis from the love of nature and the musical influences from his early childhood are a direct reflection of Heron’s entire life.
Following the scream of the waders (limicoline birds), he moved to picturesque island Norderney in 2003. There, exploring the island’s national park, he decided to live up to his enthusiasm about nature by going to study landscape ecology at the University of Münster. It turned out: The relocation to Münster was the initial spark for his career; the months in Norderney were inspiration for the name of his label “Limikola” which was founded in late 2008 and enjoyed enormous support by both DJs and fans.
After launching his now very successful °Schaltkreis-parties with four friends in mid-2007, everything went quickly: His first own radio show “The Grasshopper Warbler”, contacts to prominent players like Someone Else and Heartthrob, and finally the moment in early 2008 during the season’s opening at Time Warp, when Richie Hawtin played all three tracks from Heron’s Retro EP. It was merely his second EP, released on a netlabel (Minisome), and it became immediately successful. A knightly accolade.
The journey that Heron started lead to his bombshell track “Welcome to the Adventure Club” that charted in the Beatport charts in 2008, and continued with remixes and releases for Synewave, Supdub, Swap, micro.fon, Prosthetic Pressings and Sleaze Records. In 2010, it culminated with a tour across North America during the summer.
Two years later he released his very first EP on the legendary Detroit label KMS Records, owned by Kevin Saunderson, followed by remixes for Drumcomplex, P-Ben and Chris Gekä, one collaboration project with Inner City’s Ann Saunderson and his second solo release „Ride The Pride“. Furthermore he made the step into the Soma family by publishing three solo EPs and an EP with Kevin’s son Dantiez Saunderson, as well as he started to release on Florian Meindl’s FLASH Recordings.
- 04 08 2019
- Meer Geht Nicht Open Air – Edelfettwerk, Hamburg
A new episode of The Grasshopper Warbler hit the radiostations today. This months issue presents you one hour from a recent b2b set with Captain Cosmotic and myself. Check the airing schedule on this page.
- Argentina – Uculturemix Electronic Radio | every Saturday – 5PM (GMT -3)
- Brazil – technopop-network RADIO | every Monday – 7PM (GMT -3)
- France – Radio34 Montpellier | 13th of each month – 4AM (GMT +2)
- France – Cue-radio | every 4th Friday – 11PM (GMT +2)
- France – Radio Klub | every Sunday – 12AM (GMT +1)
- Germany – Studiosoundsradio | every 3rd Monday of each month – 6AM (GMT +2)
- Germany – Cuebase-FM | every Friday – 9AM (GMT +2)
- Greece – Cannibal Radio | every 1st Sunday of each month – 10PM (GMT +2)
- Ireland – Inferno Radio | every first Saturday – 11PM (GMT +1)
- Israel – PsyStation | every Wednesday – 3PM (GMT -5)
- Italy – Radio Taranto Uno (FM 92.3) | every 2nd Monday of each month – 2:45AM (GMT +2)
- Italy – Radio Studio 7 | every Wednesday – 2AM (GMT +2)
- Japan – Kittikun Minimal Techno | every 3rd Sunday – 11PM (GMT +9)
- Spain – 06AM Ibiza Underground Radio | every Sunday – 10PM (GMT +2)
- Spain – Hits Music Radio Barcelona | every 3rd Monday each month – 3AM (GMT +2)
- Spain – Mambo Radio (FM 89.4 Islas Baleares) | every Wednesday – 1AM (GMT +2)
- United Kingdom – Seance Radio | every Saturday – 1AM (GMT +1)
- United Kingdom – Exclusive FM | every 3rd Monday each month – 5AM (GMT +1)
- United States – Digitally Imported – Techno Channel | every 4th Thursday each month – 10PM (GMT +2)
- United States – LazerFM / Chicago (FM 104.9 Mar del Plata – Buenos Aires) | every 4th Saturday each month – 3PM (GMT +2)
- United States – enationFM | every 3rd Wednesday of each month – 5PM (GMT -4)
Heron’s monthly radio show, “The Grasshopper Warbler”, delivers a wide range of electronic dj & live sets to the listener while not focusing on Techno only.
Founded in 2006, his show is getting a worldwide relaunch in 2014 with international guests from the whole electronic scene.
For subscribing The Grasshopper Warbler on your radio station please contact: email@example.com.
The Grasshopper Warbler is distributed by syndicast.co.uk.