My new EP “Free The Slaves” is out today on Greg Gow’s Restructured label. Get it here.
The recent episode of The Grasshopper Warbler is online. This months issue features a studio mix by myself. Get it here.
A new live recording from an appearance at Fusion Club, Münster is online on Soundcloud. Get it here.
The recent episode of The Grasshopper Warbler with Greg Gow has been released on Soundcloud and Mixcloud! Get it here.
The new episode of The Grasshopper Warbler with Transmat’s Greg Gow just hit the radio stations! Check the schedule over here and follow Heron on Twitter for live updates when each station starts airing.
The new episode of The Grasshopper Warbler has been released today on Soundcloud and Mixcloud. This months show features a belting mix from Ian O’Donovan. Get it here.
The new issue of The Grasshopper Warbler hit the radio stations today with an exclusive mix from Intec’s Ian O’Donovan. Check the airing schedule over here.
The new episode of The Grasshopper Warbler with Rolando has been released. Get it here.
The new episode of The Grasshopper Warbler with the mighty DJ Hyperactive has been released on Soundcloud and Mixcloud today. Get it here.
The new episode of The Grasshopper Warbler with the legendary DJ Hyperactive hit the radio stations today. Check the airing schedule over here.
Many times, biographies of techno acts start by singing their praise of an extremely early, extraordinary talent on synthesizers and other electronic devices…
In Heron’s case, things are different. Because Martin Spittel has been shaped musically since his childhood, the influences were as diverse as music can be.
On one side, there was his grandfather, who played various instruments, and to whom young Martin related closest to and whose influence still lasts until today. On the other side there were his cousins who were not much older than himself, enthusiastic about AC/DC, and band members themselves. Over the course of the following years, he explored the diversity of Black, Death and Trash Metal, EBM and Industrial, right up to Detroit Techno.
Ever since then, Heron’s environment served as compensation to ferce parties and expanding his musical horizon. This symbiosis from the love of nature and the musical influences from his early childhood are a direct refection of Heron’s entire life.
Following the scream of the waders (limicoline birds), he moved to picturesque island Norderney in 2005. There, exploring the island’s national park, he decided to live up to his enthusiasm about nature by going to study landscape ecology at the University of Münster. It turned out: The relocation to Münster was the initial spark for his career; the months in Norderney were inspiration for the name of his label “Limikola” which was founded in late 2008 and enjoyed enormous support by both DJs and fans.
After launching his now very successful °Schaltkreis-parties with four friends in mid-2007, everything went quickly: His first own radio show “The Grasshopper Warbler”, contacts to prominent players like Someone Else and Heartthrob, and finally the moment in early 2008 during the season’s opening at Time Warp, when Richie Hawtin played all three tracks from Heron’s Retro EP. It was merely his second EP, released on a netlabel (Minisome), and it became immediately successful. A knightly accolade.
The journey that Heron started lead to his bombshell track “Welcome to the Adventure Club” that charted in the Beatport charts in 2008, and continued with remixes and releases for Synewave, Supdub, Swap, micro.fon, Prosthetic Pressings and Sleaze Records. In 2010, it culminated with a tour across North America during the summer.
Two years later he released his very first EP on the legendary Detroit label KMS Records, owned by Kevin Saunderson, followed by remixes for Drumcomplex, Chris Gekä, but also two other Eps, one collaboration project with Inner City’s Ann Saunderson and his second solo release „Ride The Pride“. Furthermore he made the step into the Soma family by publishing two solo EPs and a collab EP with Kevin’s son Dantiez Saunderson, as well as he started to release on Florian Meindl’s FLASH Recordings.
Currently no dates scheduled.
Angaben gem. § 5 TMG
Betreiber und Kontakt
The recent episode of The Grasshopper Warbler is online. This months issue features a studio mix by Heron. Get it here.
Check the airing schedule over here and follow Heron on Twitter for live updates when each station starts airing.
- Argentina – Uculturemix Electronic Radio | every Saturday – 5PM (GMT -3)
- Brazil – Rádio Na Balada | every Monday – 10PM (GMT -3)
- Brazil – technopop-network RADIO | every Monday – 7PM (GMT -3)
- France – topazzfm (FM 107.5 Mediterranean Region / Camargue) | every 4th Saturday each month – 3PM (GMT +2)
- France – Radio34 Montpellier | 13th of each month – 4AM (GMT +2)
- France – Cue-radio | every 4th Friday – 11PM (GMT +2)
- France – Radio Klub | every Sunday – 12AM (GMT +1)
- Germany – Studiosoundsradio | every 3rd Monday of each month – 6AM (GMT +2)
- Germany – STROMKRAFT RADIO | every 5th Saturday of each month – 6AM (GMT +2)
- Germany – Cuebase-FM | every Friday – 9AM (GMT +2)
- Greece – Cannibal Radio | every 1st Sunday of each month – 10PM (GMT +2)
- Ireland – INNERVISIONSRADIO.COM | every 3rd Monday of each month – 7PM (GMT +0)
- Ireland – Inferno Radio | every first Saturday – 11PM (GMT +1)
- Italy – Radio Studio 7 | every Wednesday – 2AM (GMT +2)
- Italy – Cyber One Radio | every Friday on the odd weeks – 11PM (GMT +2)
- Japan – Kittikun Minimal Techno | every 3rd Sunday – 11PM (GMT +9)
- Luxembourg – Studio Lux FM | every Saturday – 8PM (GMT +2)
- Spain – 06AM Ibiza Underground Radio | every Sunday – 10PM (GMT +2)
- Spain – Hits Music Radio Barcelona | every 3rd Monday each month – 3AM (GMT +2)
- United Kingdom – Seance Radio | every Saturday – 1AM (GMT +1)
- United Kingdom – Club Sounds Radio | every 3rd Thursday each month – 1PM (GMT +1)
- United Kingdom – Exclusive FM | every 3rd Monday each month – 5AM (GMT +1)
- United Kingdom – VFR Europe | every Saturday – 2PM (GMT +2)
- United States – Digitally Imported – Techno Channel | every 4th Thursday each month – 10PM (GMT +2)
- United States – LazerFM / Chicago (FM 104.9 Mar del Plata – Buenos Aires) | every 4th Saturday each month – 3PM (GMT +2)
- United States – enationFM | every 3rd Wednesday of each month – 5PM (GMT -4)
Heron’s monthly radio show, “The Grasshopper Warbler”, delivers a wide range of electronic dj & live sets to the listener while not focusing on Techno only.
Founded in 2006, his show is getting a worldwide relaunch in 2014 with international guests from the whole electronic scene.
If you’re a radio station interested in airing The Grasshopper Warbler every month, please contact: email@example.com.
The Grasshopper Warbler is distributed by syndicast.co.uk.